Class Days & Times:
Mondays: 09.30am – 10.30am
Thursdays: 4.45pm – 5.30pm
Participating in EWRK Toddlers karate can offer several benefits for children aged 3 to 6. Here are some potential advantages:
- Physical Fitness: Karate involves various physical activities such as stretching, running, kicking, and punching. Regular practice can improve a child's overall fitness, coordination, balance, and motor skills.
- Discipline and Focus: Karate instils discipline and helps children develop focus and concentration. Through structured routines and training, kids learn to follow instructions, pay attention, and stay engaged in the present moment.
- Self-Confidence: As children progress in their karate training, they gain a sense of accomplishment and self-confidence. Mastering new techniques, earning belts, and participating in competitions or demonstrations can boost their self-esteem and belief in their abilities.
- Self-Defense Skills: Karate teaches children basic self-defence techniques, which can enhance their personal safety and promote a sense of security. They learn to protect themselves, understand boundaries, and develop awareness of their surroundings.
- Respect and Discipline: Karate emphasizes respect for instructors, fellow students, and oneself. Children learn to follow rules, show respect to others, and develop self-discipline. These values can carry over into other areas of their lives, such as school and home.
- Emotional Development: Karate provides a structured environment for children to learn emotional control and develop resilience. They learn to manage frustration, handle challenges, and persevere through difficulties, fostering emotional maturity.
- Social Skills: Karate classes offer opportunities for children to interact with peers in a structured and supportive setting. They learn to take turns, cooperate, and engage in partner-based activities, fostering teamwork and social skills.
- Goal Setting and Achievement: The belt system in karate provides a clear progression of goals for children to work towards. This framework encourages them to set goals, work hard, and experience the satisfaction of achieving milestones.
- Focus on Character Development: Many karate programs emphasize character development, teaching values such as honesty, integrity, humility, and perseverance. These lessons help children develop strong moral and ethical foundations.